How to add a credential provider app extension for iOS 12 in xamarin
I’m trying to leverage the new extension to work with a password management app, and I’m running into a road block setting it up. It could be my googling skills but there is almost no documentation on how to do this with xamarin.
What I have so far:
- Added com.apple.developer.authentication-services.autofill-credential-provider as a custom property into my iOS project Entitlements.plist
- Created an ActivionView extension since there is no credential provider option when creating a iOS extension project.
- Changed the ActionViewController to a CredentialProviderViewController
- Updated the MainInterface.storyboard to use the CredentialProviderViewController
- Added com.apple.developer.authentication-services.autofill-credential-provider as a custom property to the autofill Entitlements.plist
I don’t see the option under Settings>Passwords & Accounts to use my app for the autofill. I must be missing some key pieces. Does anyone know what I should be doing instead?
Here is my Entitlements.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>keychain-access-groups</key> <array> <string>$(AppIdentifierPrefix)com.orginization.appname</string> </array> <key>com.apple.security.application-groups</key> <array> <string>group.com.orginization.appname</string> </array> <key>com.apple.developer.authentication-services.autofill-credential-provider</key> <true/> </dict> </plist>